17 Best beaches in Tanzania
Ultimate guide (April 2018)
- one of the best beaches in Zanzibar island. This popular beach is beautiful and has no defects. / read more » /
is an excellent beach in the north of mainland Tanzania. It is almost as beautiful as Zanzibar, while prices are much cheaper, … / read more » /
is a popular beach in the southern suburbs of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In reality, it is a long coastline including areas of Ma… / read more » /
- beach in Zanzibar island. As everywhere in the east coast beach is not suitable for swimming at a low tide. However this plac… / read more » /
is an island near Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. The beach is beautiful with clear water and without any trash. There are a lot of … / read more » /
is a small private island near the coast of Zanzibar in Tanzania. Despite of some rewards, the beach is rather mediocre, even b… / read more » /
(Oyster Bay) is the central beach in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Sea water is dirty, and it becomes very shallow during the low ti… / read more » /
- beach in Zanzibar. Though there is a problem of strong low tide in some parts of shore, it is one of the best beaches in the … / read more » /
is a small town, remarkable only due to its location in the south of Tanzania. City beach (called Shangani beach) is rather med… / read more » /
is an island in the central Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Tourists are dropped off on a sandspit in the west end of the island. Ther… / read more » /
are the northern suburbs of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. There are some good beaches, but the whole coast is rather diversified. … / read more » /
- beach in the east of Zanzibar island. The beach is beautiful, but at low tide water is shallow and it is impossible to swim. / read more » /
- beautiful beach, but suffering from the problem of strong low tides, - the main disatvantage of Zanzibar east coast. / read more » /
- beach in the east of Zanzibar island. As well as on the nearby beach of Paje coastal scenery is beautiful, but it's impossibl… / read more » /
- beach in the south-west of Zanzibar island. Most of coast is unsuitable for swimming at low tide, as the water becomes shallo… / read more » /
- mediocre beach in the east of Zanzibar suffering from a typical problem of strong low tides. / read more » /
Feel free to ask any questions
& get free help from our travel community.
Any reviews or ideas are also appreciated:
Zanzibar beaches are much better than in Mombasa. But service is much better in Mombasa, and there's no problem of low tide.
As for National Parks both Tanzania and Kenia are equal.
Tanzania vs. Kenya? I need national parks and beaches.